Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday Scream Queen: Rachel Nichols

Rachel Nichols is another model-turned-actress, and in the roughly ten years since since she turned to acting, she has had major roles in three different TV series (including the serial-killer-centric "Criminal Minds") and numerous cinematic big budget extravaganzas, such as "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra", "Star Trek", and "Conan the Barbarian", which opens in theaters Friday, August 19, 2011.

While horror fans might find something to enjoy in the new Conan films, assuming its done in a manner faithful to the original Robert E. Howard stories, the are probably already familiar with Nichols from her starring turn in the chilling "P2" and the retro-horror flick "The Woods".

In 2012, Nichols will further expand her horror/thriller resume with a lead role in the latest screen adaptation of a James Patterson novel, "I, Alex Cross".

2 comments:

  1. She's a lovely lady! I guess I saw her in Star Trek, definitely saw her in The Woods (which I didn't care for at all despite the presence of fave Bruce Campbell) and will be seeing her in P2 when it works its way to the top of the Viewpile. But in the meantime that's a terrific picture to enjoy. Thanks, Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know "Star Trek" is on her bio, but I don't recall her in it at all.

    ReplyDelete