Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday Scream Queen: Audrey Hepburn


Audrey Hepburn, one of the most beautiful and talented actresses to ever grace us with her presence in films, only appeared in one film that can be considered a horror movie during her career. In "Wait Until Dark," she played a blind woman whose home is invaded by three thugs who will stop at nothing to retrieve a doll stuff with illegal drugs. It is a thriller so intense that it is more frightening than most films that get passed off as horror movies.

And Audrey Hepburn is as great in it as she was in anything else she appeared in.

Audrey Hepburn passed away in 1993.

(I know Audrey Hepburn doesn't really qualify as a Scream Queen, even if she did do her fair share of it in the thrillers she appeared in, but since I started this blog, this series has not missed a single Saturday. With my current eye troubles, I am not able to stare at the screen long enough to select photos and type p a bio, so I am cheating to keep up the streak... sort of. The fact that Hepburn plays a blind woman in "Wait Until Dark" seemed like a good enough excuse to post a picture of her.)

2 comments:

  1. True, I don't associate Ms Hepburn with a scream queen, but then you reminded me of Wait Until Dark. That's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve - I think she's a fine choice - one of the most elegant, sophisticated, and beautiful women to ever step in front of a movie camera. Had Wait Until Dark been made 15-20 years later they would have made a horror franchise character out of Harry Roat Jr. from Scarsdale so I think it's more than fair to call Wait Until Dark a Scream Queen worthy effort.

    ReplyDelete