Sunday, October 18, 2020

31 Nights of Halloween: Hounded


Tonight's mini-fright film is a suspenseful bit of psychological terror about a woman being stalked by her past. Unfortunately, it ends on a whimper instead of a scream. (I'm not a fan of predictable "surprise shock endings", but I'm even less of a fan of predictable endings that cause an otherwise good film to just fizzle out in the closing moments.

I don't how I would have ended "Hounded" to make it better... and neither did the writer/director. It's a shame, because I like everything else about it, so I still think it's worth checking out. Who knows; you may even disagree with me about the ending.

Hounded (2019)
Starring: Brittany Goodwin and Kelly Lynn Sekuterski
Director: Jonathan Everette
Rating: Six of Ten Stars

2 comments: