Monday, October 25, 2010

Win "The Dead Path" by leaving a comment!

"The Dead Path" by Stephen Irwin tells the tale of Nicholas Close, a psychic who finds himself entangled in a disturbing series of disappearances and murders... and on a direct path to a confrontation with a malignant spirit that dwells in the woods near his childhood home. Publisher Random House is putting a fair degree of effort behind promoting this book and their efforts include a couple of offbeat approaches, such as giving the hardcover edition a GLOW IN THE DARK cover. And they're giving away a free copy of the novel to one lucky reader of my blog!

Stephen Irwin, author of The Dead Path

The give-away guidelines are simple.

1. Be a "Follower" of this blog. (If you aren't already, you can become in the appropriate section to the right of this post.)

2. Leave a Comment at that bottom of this post no later than October 28 with a valid email address. I will need those, so I can have the the book sent to you, if you win. (If there's a valid email address in your profile that will also be sufficient.)

3. A winner selected on October 29 and notified via email. At that time, I'll need you to send me your snail mail address, so I can arrange to have the book shipped to you. (If you don't respond by 
October 30, another winner will be chosen.)

4. The winner will be selected at random, via a phone call to one of my friends or relatives who will be asked to pick a number between 1 and total number of comments left to this post. (They are used to getting strange calls from me. I am the prime  reason many of them screen their calls, in fact.)

In the interest of full disclosure, I am also getting a free copy of the book. Irwin is being favorably compared to Peter Straub and Stephen King. Since I'm fond of both writers, I've asked to have a review copy sent, and I'll do my first real book review since at least 2001. If I like it, I may even try to be like a real journalist again and see if I can do an interview with Irwin as well. (Maybe the Karma Effect will cause my book to be successful, too!)


No comments:

Post a Comment