Monday, October 9, 2023

31 Nights of Halloween: Wax

Wax (2023)
Starring: Tommi Aleman and Cielo Gomez
Director: Vincent Dormani
Rating: Seven of Ten Stars

A woman finds a walled-up, hidden room in her house that's full of life-like wax figures.

Tommi Aleman in "Wax" (2023)

"Wax" is a brand-new release from family-run short film production company Buried Hatchet, and we're certain that you'll find the three or so minutes it'll take to watch it is time well spent. The only quibble I have with it is that I would have liked a wide shot of the secret room, and I would liked to see some profile two-shots of Aleman's character discovering and interacting with the main wax figure.

But my issues with the cinematography are minor when compared to the fact that this film has earned the greatest praise I can give to any short film or short story: I want to know the backstory of the secret room, the wax figures within it. (My desire to know more was made even stronger by the coffee cup Aleman's character examines in the room. Look closely at it and I'm sure you'll understand why.)


1 comment: