Friday, October 4, 2019

31 Nights of Halloween: Scratch


I watched tonight's selection twice, and I still am left wondering what exactly is going on in it. Maybe that's because I've never been a drug-addled 1950s housewife, maybe it's something else... but despite the cartoon question marks floating in the air above my head, this is a perfectly crafted, excellently acted, very creepy, and highly engaging piece of work that's worthy of the 31 Nights of Halloween. Check it out! Tell me what's happening in this film in the comments, please!


Scratch (2016)
Starring: Bel DeliĆ”, Camron Robertson, Kate Avery, and Alexandra Bard
Director: Emma Bell
Rating: Seven of Ten Stars


2 comments:

  1. I don't know. She has to lock a part of herself away by taking the pills, so she is the woman he wants? But when she runs out of pills and becomes herself, he kills that version? But the one he did want is still there, wanting revenge? All guessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's more coherent that anything I've been able to think of!

      Delete