Friday, October 22, 2021

31 Nights of Halloween: Incoming Call

Incoming Call (2021)
Starring: David Fershtadt
Director: David Fershtadt
Rating: Seven of Ten Stars

A young man (Fershtadt) gets a late-night video call from himself.


I don't know exactly what's going on in this film, but I like it. The staging, the pacing, the acting... I like everything about this. It's another example of how the horror genre morphs to keep up with and integrate technologies at the center of our daily lives at the time they are made. 

Take a few minutes to watch "Incoming Call" right now. Even if you're like me and not quite sure what to make of the ending, you'll find that it is a cautionary about why not answer strange calls (video chat or otherwise) during the 31 Nights of Halloween. And if you want to tell me what YOUR thoughts are about "Incoming Call" and what's going on in it, feel free to speak up in the comments section!


(By the way, we featured Mr. Fershtadt's first film on October 22 during last year's 31 Nights of Halloween. Maybe we can get a tradition going? We'll see if we can have another mini-chiller in this spot from him on this day in 2022!)

3 comments:

  1. 10/22/2022 sounds good to me. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll reserve the spot! :)

      And thank YOU for making such a neat film!

      Delete